Compiling Best of procmail

1997-09-18 12:43:32
    Era wrote:
     Nancy McGough <nm(_at_)NoAdsPlease(_dot_)ii(_dot_)com> wrote:
     >> On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Jari Aalto wrote:
     >> I'm also compiling the best parts out of that .gz file,
     > If you create an up-to-date ``best of procmail mailing
     > list,'' I'll definitely put a link to it on my procmail web

    Ditto here. Actually I've been thinking about setting up a "virtual
    best-of" with links to the Rosat archive instead of local copies of
    the articles. (The links page I have contains the beginnings of this
    ... with something like three links so far :-) This is something I'll
    probably never finish but you might consider using this technique
    yourself if your web space is limited.

The "tips page"

    Actually I'm not "copying" the articles "as is", but selecting
    the best advices that can be presented in the examples and
    in the general instructions to others.

    As I'm very new to procmail, and that's why I'm also a very good guinea
    pig to select the articles: Many experienced promail user may skip the
    "obvious" ones, which may be real valuable to the beginners.

    I've read best.gz briefly, and I just downloaded another 30Meg: the
    articles 1995-1997 up till present messages in thi list. I intent to
    spend a nice weekend with them, lot's of tea beside me :-)

The "Code page"

    I think I select bigger and complex code from the archives to a
    separate document. Expect it to appear in hand to hand with the
    Tips page. I haven't started that yet, so there is no filename yet.

Statistics

    Just for the curious reader. Here is how the "tips" page .txt keeps
    evolving, expect to see much more in near future :-) And all the
    thanks go the people on the list whose articles I have enjoyed.

    I wouldn't mind if someone corrected my worst English
    sentence mistakes I must have put in the document....

        [...]
        Version and file size, this should give you some advice how fast
        you should update your copy.

            v1.01   1997-09-13  46K
            v1.05   1997-09-14  53K
            v1.5    1997-09-16  76K
            v1.9    1997-09-18  94K

    The file is now called "pm-tips.txt" and not "procm.txt" like
    it was initially. I think that Procmail is really cool, and I'm
    glad I run into it. Second best things after the rise of Emacs....

Cheers!
jari