Re: Changing Mailspool

1997-09-20 20:09:59
bts8(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com writes:
I am trying to compile 3.11pre7 (mostly for a learning exercise).  I've
changed the BASENAME in the Makefile file and changed MAILSPOOLDIR and
MAILSPOOLHOME early in authenticate.c .  When I compile the program, it
still uses "/var/spool/user" instead of "$HOME/.mailbox/inbox" as I'd
hoped.  Can someone point me to where else I need to fix the mail spool
assignment?  Thanks!

It sounds like you forgot to uncomment the MAILSPOOLHOME #define.  It
should say:

#define MAILSPOOLHOME "/.mailbox/inbox"               /* watch the leading / */
                                                  /* delivers to $HOME/.mail */

Note how the line starts with "#define" and not "/*#define".

Philip Guenther