ALSO_NEXT_RECIPE

1997-09-24 01:59:49

Was there an intended change in the logic associated with the `A' flag
(ALSO_NEXT_RECIPE) somewhere between procmail 2.90 and 3.11?

Migrating from existing use of 2.90 to 3.11pre7, I find that recipes
such as:

:0 H
* somepattern

  :0 BA
  * someotherpattern
  filename

..no longer work as they did before --to continue to the second part of
the recipe on a match on the first-- and if this matches, to write to
`filename'.  Rather, procmail 3.11pre7 simply matches on the first part
of the recipe and writes to file `:0'.

Now, by introducing nesting with `{}' brackets I can achieve what I
want, but the man pages still seem to suggest that the above usage
should work?

I'm keen to understand this, because if there is this logical change
we'll to manage changes to all of our users' old/existing .procmailrc
files

    I.

--
Ian Dunkin <imd1707(_at_)ggr(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>