Re: oversimplification bites ....

1997-09-24 05:12:38
On Wed, 24 Sep 97 13:33:28 +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer
<bortzmeyer(_at_)pasteur(_dot_)fr> wrote:
inc.com is in many black lists. fregp -w still catches usaccess-inc.com
:-(
So, we still have to find the ideal "fgrep against spam".

I'll have to chime in with RevJack here: filtering on domain names
from Procmail is very much an uphill battle. Furthermore, if everyone
did domain-name filtering already at the Sendmail level, a good part
of the spam would never make it into the system in the first place,
and you wouldn't have to worry about partial matches or stuff like
that (matching is strictly on domain names).
  Yes, there will obviously be ways to do similar string matching on
domain names even from within Procmail, but you should spend your time
bugging your ISP to implement good SMTP-level filters instead.

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>