Re: oversimplification bites ....

1997-09-24 07:32:07
On Wed, 24 Sep 97 16:21:25 +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer
<bortzmeyer(_at_)pasteur(_dot_)fr> wrote:
On Wednesday 24 September 97, at 15 h 4, the keyboard of era eriksson
<era(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> wrote:
did domain-name filtering already at the Sendmail level, a good part
of the spam would never make it into the system in the first place,
Can you filter on Received headers with sendmail? If not, do you hope
that the spammers will let their real addresses in the SMTP MAIL FROM
command for long?

Frankly, one would hope that sites would generally not allow
third-party relaying. I think we are finally beginning to see this
start happening on a larger scale.

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>