Re: matching, error in man page?

1997-09-24 07:50:48
kle(_at_)uni-paderborn(_dot_)de writes:
I have procmail v3.11pre4 of 1995/10/29 running here and I observed, that
it seems to match multiple lines (in this case an extended 'To:' header
line; and I did not use 'formail -c' before, so they really get feeded as
different lines) with this regexp in a condition line:

Procmail internally does the equivalent of "formail -c" when doing regexp
matching against the header.  To quote the procmail(1) manpage:

MISCELLANEOUS

     To make `egrepping' of  headers  more  consistent,  procmail
     concatenates all continued header fields; but only internal-
     ly.  When delivering the mail, line breaks  will  appear  as
     before.

To do otherwise would make condition writing _very_ difficult to do
correctly.

Philip Guenther