Setting Central auto-responder

1997-09-24 11:29:02
Hi poeple,

I have a procmail problem that I can't seem to solve.

I need to setup central auto-responders so that certain addresses sends
reply to the original sender. I'm nearly there but not quite yet. I have
two problems:

My setup is simple, I put the procmail recipe to do the reply in a
centalized /etc/procmailrc on my mailsvr. The address I need the
auto-repond on is not a real user, it's an alias to 6 other users (in
/etc/mail/aliases).

Problem1: Mail appear to be from root. I need to forge the from line.
Problem2: My setup sends 6 responses, one for each user that the mail is
          forwarded too. Again, the alias is setup in /etc/mail/aliases

Thanks for you time.

--
Charles Gagnon                   | My views are my views and they
Systems Admin, Pencom PSA        | do not represent those of anybody

   You can lead a mule to water, but you can't make him drink.
   However, if you shoot a couple of uncooperative mules, the
   rest tend to get pretty thirsty.