Re: setting up mailing list using procmail

1997-09-25 16:38:15

small mailing list using procmail. i did the following:

:0
* ^TO(_dot_)*list(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)org
{
       :0 c:
       list
       :0
       -A "X-Mailing-List: Mailing List @mydomain.org") \
       | $SENDMAIL -oi user1(_at_)somedomain(_dot_)com \
              user2(_at_)someotherdomain(_dot_)com \
              user3(_at_)yetanotherdomain(_dot_)com
}

the question i have is, is it going to be a big performance problem if i
have like 500 users on this list?

It will when it causes a mail loop, which it will do as soon as a list
message bounces unless I'm missing something. Look in procmailex and
procmailrc for ways of using FROM_DAEMON and X-Loop to prevent loops.

I don't understand what the second recipe does, are you writing to a
lockfile named list? You don't need a lockfile, you aren't writing anything.

--Ken
           68 Westy, Admin -- type2 -- The VW Bus Mailing List