taking account of the date in a rule

1997-09-29 09:18:07

Hello again,

Sometimes, I have to sort old mailboxes, or maybe
resort them according other criteria. Then, I am faced
with the problem that rules may depend on the date
of the message. For instance, the "Bob" who wrote me
before 1995 may be quite a different "Bob" than the
one who writes me now, though they have maybe the
same e-mail. How would I write something like

  If "Bob" and date < 1 May 1995 (say)
    then folder old-bob
  else
    folder new-bob

 ?

My problem here is about date use and comparison,
not about the rest of the rule.

Thanks,

Denis Roegel