Re: Processing a digests

1997-09-30 12:40:37
On Tue, 30 Sep 1997 11:41:10 -0700,
Bill Moseley <moseley(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com> wrote:
The other problem I'm concerned about is, what if I type by mistake:

   gzip -cd list_name | formail -s procmail ./local_rx

Since "local_rx" doesn't exist, procmail will just deliver ALL the messages
in the archive to my inbox.  Is there a way to protect against this?

If you give Procmail a nonexistent file name argument, it won't
continue. But as a precaution, you might want to add DEFAULT=/dev/null
to the actual command line (although of course, you might mistype that
as well :-)

I have a "standard" recipe testing file which I often call up with
my shell's history mechanism. Saves me from some of the inevitable
typos, I suppose.

Procmail won't use the default .procmailrc in the above case, will it?

No.

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>