Regex failure?

1997-10-03 15:27:00
Sorry, I am currently not subscribed and I'd like to post this before I get
through the subscription process again, so, please answers by email to me.
Thanks.

The following recipe

# Catch returning bounces.
:0
* ^FROM_MAILER
        bounces

Will match the following mail (all headers included)

From root  Fri Oct  3 23:21:30 1997
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 97 23:21:30 +0200
From: System_Administrator(_at_)RnA(_dot_)nl (Operator)
To: gerben
Subject: test 2

test 2

I suspect the pattern matching.

I also have noticed (pm 3.10) that recipes without regexs will sometimes
haywire procmail in such a way that the message is delivered as msg.xxx in
the home directory.

All this happens when root is sending messages to user gerben who has
procmail filtering installed.

Running:

procmail v3.11pre7 1997/04/28 written and created by Stephen R. van den Berg
                                                        <srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl>

Yours,

---
Gerben_Wierda(_at_)RnA(_dot_)nl (Gerben Wierda)
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there"
Paraphrased in Alice in Wonderland, originally from the Talmud.

Renee: "Met veel koper maakt men hoempa." (After hearing Brahms' Festouverture)