DCE/DFS Procmail problem

1997-10-09 13:57:54
I've been working on getting procmail to work and deliver Email correctly for
our DCE/DFS cell, and I've hit one snag. The DCE ticket cache file on disk must
be owned by the same userID as the process is running under, or DCE
authentication won't work. I tried to make setids() do a chown for each setuid,
but when attempting to write to our DFS home directory it loses track of the
ticket cache file. (As an interesting aside, when I change my home directory to
be my AFS mail directory, the DCE ticket cache file is not lost. We suspect
it's a side-effect of the number of uid changes.)

Has anyone faced this (or a similar) issue? If so, I'd greatly appreciate it if
you could explain your workaround. I'd also appreciate getting a copy of any
replies to this thread, as I'm in the process of subscribing to the list now.

Thanks,
David

--
David W. Rankin, Jr. --- DSM UNIX Team
    External Phone (606) 243 1457    Internal 8-545-1457