Re: manpages extraction problem

1997-10-11 13:22:28
| Sat 97-10-11 wguynes(_at_)mav(_dot_)net (William Guynes) list.procmail
|
| I grabbed v3.11pre4 and have been attempting to just extract just the
| manpages for my local use.  The makefiles do not like the system
| configuration and my makefile expertise is limited.

I looked at the Makefiles and ...eh, I know something about makefiles,
but tracing the rule "mans" made me give up. I just couldn't get
it. And even running the 'mansed' with correct parameters (by looking
at the makefile) failed. Ay, it must have been my bad day.

Well, but if I had looked at the .man files first, the solution was
simple. Use following perl script, which is also now included in
pm-tips.txt page. I'm also invluding the latest statistics of the
pm-tips.txt page in case someone wants to update his copy.

            v1.01   1997-09-13  46K
            v1.05   1997-09-14  53K
            v1.5    1997-09-16  76K
            v1.6    1997-09-18  94K
            v1.8    1997-10-01  127K
            v1.9    1997-10-11  142K

        Available from File server: send me subject "send help"

Cheers!
jari