Procmail with huge messages (was Re: Can there be rules that only parse the headers?)

1997-10-12 23:15:09
On Sun, 12 Oct 1997 23:03:09 -0500, Philip Guenther
<guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu>
wrote:
Jason Haar <Jason(_dot_)Haar(_at_)trimble(_dot_)co(_dot_)nz> writes:
This is a continuation of a query I made last week about my workstation
grinding to a halt when procmail received a 90Mb Email message (ran out of
memory). The point is, such message sizes are fine by me, as long as the
system can handle it. Is there any way I could make procmail only read
would require the body to be read...  It really is just better to
simply have sendmail enfore the limit.  You should be doing it there
anyway to cut down on the totally trivial denial-of-service attacks and
because it's more efficient.

I still think it's kind of embarrassing that Procmail would not be
able to cope with big messages. If the normal local MDA could handle
it, why can't Procmail?

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>