Spambouncer: bigfoot mail storm

1997-10-14 06:33:24
I came in this morning and had to recover from a mail storm between my
Spambouncer's (procmail-generated) auto-replies and a mailing list
originating at Bigfoot. I corrected the problem (I hope) by adding the
address to my nobounce file, but I am writing to ask if any other
Spambouncer users have run into this at Bigfoot.

I'm trying to track down who contributed what to the problem. I don't
know enough about what happened yet to figure out if it is a Spambouncer
weakness (easily corrected), a Bigfoot characteristic, or operator error
on the part of the mailing list owner (with whom have already made
initial contact).

Thanks for any pointers you can offer,

Tim