Processing of `From ' lines with -ds options in formail ?

1997-10-17 08:47:52
When I use `formail -ds >>spoolname' in .procmailrc to burst digests,
lines that begin with `From ' inside individual messages are not
escaped with a `>' character.  As a result, my mail reader (Emacs/VM)
gets confused and assumes the portion of a message beginning with
`From ' is a new message.  The only solution I've found is to use
formail twice, so that .procmailrc entries look like

        formail | formail -ds >>spoolname

Is there a more elegant/efficient solution?

Thanks.  Since I'm not a subscriber to this mailing list, I'd
appreciate replies to ron(_at_)mlfarm(_dot_)com(_dot_)

--

Ronald Florence                 Maple Lawn Farm, Stonington, CT
ron(_at_)mlfarm(_dot_)com                       http://www.connix.com/~mlfarm