Re: Auto-Reply question

1997-10-24 08:21:33
On Oct 24, Charles Gagnon writes:
What I need to know is how do I include the $SUBJECT and the $TO of the
original message. I would like to write something like:

O'right, sorry about that one. I skipped a part of the man pages when I first
read them and I just found what I was looking for. I know, I know, I should
have RTFM better.

I used:

SUBJECT=`formail -xSubject:`    # regular field
FROM=`formail -rt -xTo:`        # special case

As specified in the procmailex(5) man page.

 Your message to $TO concerning $SUBJECT could not be delivered...

and it worked...

--
Charles Gagnon                   | All opinions expressed herein are
Systems Admin, Pencom PSA        | fictitious. Any ressemblance with

   To err is Human, to forgive is against Departmental Policy!