Re: Best anti-spam-filter tests?

1997-10-28 13:29:19
I goofed a bit in the last roundup -- here are two corrections (to save
tester's time) to method number 6 in the previous anti-spam test methods:
Instead of using sed to add you to the Trusted Users section, it has been
suggested we use awk:

awk '{print $0} /^Troot$/ {print "Tjjg"}' /etc/sendmail.cf > /tmp/sendmail.cf

Where "jjg" is YOUR LOGIN -- not mine.
Also, you need to add "yourLogin(_at_)yourDomain" for the test to get to you,
for example (again, use your Login and Your Domain! for "jjg" below):

/usr/lib/sendmail -fspammer(_at_)spam(_dot_)com -F"Mr. Spam"
jjg(_at_)cadence(_dot_)com\
-C /tmp/sendmail.cf
subject: test of my procmail spam filters
to: address1(_at_)company(_dot_)com
x-reply: <yourLogin>

Message body here.
.