how to keep symlinked mailbox from getting nuked?

1997-10-31 09:05:57

Howdy all.

I've just started using procmail, and I'm having a minor problem.  My
system mailbox is a symbolic link to another file, and procmail keeps
removing that symbolic link on me and creating a 0 length file.

I see in the man page that this is expected behavior, but I really
can't have it doing that nor can I really understand why it would want
to do that instead of trying to follow the symlink to the actual file
it's pointing to and work with that instead.

But anyways, is there any way for me to stop this behavior via the
..procmailrc or something similiar, or will I have to go in and muck
with the source code to stop this behavior?

There didn't seem to be any way to change the value of the system
mailbox via the rc file (tried setting ORGMAIL, but that didn't work).

Please reply directly to me, as I'm not subscribed to this list.

Thanks in advance,
Chuck

Charles K. Hines <chuck_hines(_at_)vnet(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com>
IBM Logic Synthesis Developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

             -- of course, we ARE still in Hell." (Gary Larson)