Spambouncer (Was Re: Anti-Spam rules?)

1997-11-05 10:18:45
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Spambouncer
(http://www.best.com/~ariel/nospam/). It was through that package that I
found this list. In fact, my desire to filter spam drove my willingness
to take the plunge and finally start learning how to use procmail. The
package comes with a sample .procmailrc. I was surprised how easy it was
to use the rules as examples to create my own rules. I've hardly had to
look at the man page at all. (I'd still probably buy a procmail Nutshell
book, though.)

I've been using Spambouncer for over a month and am quite pleased. The
rules are very comprehensive, and you have the option of sending
auto-replies to complain, or you can merely filter the spam. (I get more
satisfaction from using it to automatically complain :-). I am a
packrat, so I keep all the spam in a separate mail folder. (Besides, you
never know when the spam will come in handy.) Looking through the
folder, I see that I've "eaten" several pieces of spam every day :-).

I sent e-mail to Catherine last week asking how to help add to the list
of known spammers but haven't heard back. Are you on this list,
Catherine? Hello?)

I'd like to hear from other satisfied (or dissatisfied) Spambouncer
users -- please reply either to this list or via e-mail.

- Tim

---

I Eat Spam! (http://www.best.com/~ariel/nospam/)