Re: Help needed with a recipe

1997-11-07 01:27:09
Thu 97-11-06 "Barbara E. Johnson" <smartie(_at_)UDel(_dot_)Edu> list.procmail
| html marketing...
| .. use Pine and UNIX with procmail.
| Many come from mailing lists that won't accept replies.

Could you send a piece of example email, then we could give you
more exact recipes. Replace html.mbx with /dev/null. Have you
already tried matching according to headers?

:0
* match-it-something
/dev/null

David, Dan or Phil -- Do you have more html kill recipes
that I could list in the page?

jari

[pm-tips.txt 17.7]

       [phil] Procmail doesn't think *lines* when it matches; but it
        concatenates all lines together and then runs the regexp
        engine. This may be a bit suprising, but consider following where
        we want to discard any message that is likely a html advertise

            #   Body consists entirely of html code
            #   something which'll match any message which has "<html>"
            #   in the body
            :0B:
            * [ \t]*<html>
            html.mbx

        The condition test is applied to the entire body. If you want to
        limit it to match only against the beginning of the body, you have
        to say so using the ^^ token, as you discovered. A simple line
        anchor 8^ or $9 just says that there must be a newline 8or the
        beginning or end of the area being searched9 at that particular
        point in the text being matched. notice the leading anchors below.

            #   trap spam where the *very* first line of the body started with
            #   <html>
            :0B:
            * ^^[ \t]*<html>
            html.mbx