Re: procmail and messages to console

1997-11-10 15:18:23
At 05:23 PM 11/10/97 -0500, Nathan Stratton wrote:

Hi, I am running procmail on my Linux box at home. Everything works
great, but when messages get filtered through procmail I get a beep and
then first 10 lines or so are also sent to the console. I get a lot of
messages so the beeps, and stuff on my screen is getting very annoying.

One or the other should do the trick (or both even):

Go to your login file (what it is named depends on the shell you're using),
and add:

        biff -n

Or/also, in your .procmailrc add:

        COMSAT=no

(doing this latter one should keep procmail from generating COMSAT/BIFF
notifications, but would still leave your shell capable of receiving them,
say, if you only processed certain mail in procmail manually or somesuch).

Personally, I turn biff off AND set the COMSAT off.  I read my mail when I
read my mail, and I check it often enough (with a POP client at that).

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395