Re: Simple regexp problem

1997-11-11 11:45:14
Ken Hooper asked,

| Can somebody tell me why this condition:
|
|       * ^Subject:[    ]*.*subject
|
| does not find this string:
|
|       Subject: Unidentified subject!

Odd ... are you sure that (1) there is no B flag on the recipe making
procmail search only the body, and (2) there is no D flag on the recipe
(perhaps the incoming message has "Subject: Unidentified Subject!" with
a capital S or some other case difference from the condition)?  I'm assuming
that "Subject:" in the message is a headerfield name and is flush left.

By the way, [   ]*.* is just a hard way to write .* -- either can be matched
by anything that doesn't include a newline and either can be matched by
nullity.

Finally, perhaps there is another condition in the recipe that the message
isn't matching (in other words, it may be the string that isn't finding the
condition).  What does a verbose logfile say?