Re: mailing list filter, prepends to header, runs slow

1997-11-13 06:12:47
Scott McDermott wrote,

| This is intended to make reading vast quantities of mail easier; it
| prepends to the subject header based on the mailing list it originates
| from (where the majority of mail comes from).

But why, Scott?  I could understand if you were forwarding the messages to
someone else who has no mail thrower available, but you said in the first
person,

| It makes deleting messages I don't want to read easier.

Instead of extracting the subject and filtering through formail, why do
you not simply file these messages in folders according to which mailing
list sent it to you?  That is what most of us do, and if you have a reason
that marking subjects and using one big folder is better, many of us would
love to hear it.

Maybe there is something unusual about your situation?