Re: Make procmail write to /tmp on home machine?

1997-12-03 01:45:21
At 02:22 AM, 03 December 1997, Fritz W Feuerbacher
<fwf27775(_at_)pegasus(_dot_)cc(_dot_)ucf(_dot_)edu> wrote:
On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Andrew Kelley wrote:

Hello All,

to /tmp on the mail host which I cannot access. (spam.box doesn't appear
How can I force procmail to deliver to the /tmp directory of the shell
machine?

I have seen this question on here more than once.  I have a suggestion on
how to possibly make it work.

Do a pwd and see what the path is to your home directory.
eg. /home/users/g-m/myhome

Then in your procmailrc declare the name of your write-to directory to be:

MYWRITE="/home/users/g-m/myhome/../../../../tmp"

This gives you an indirect path from your directory to the /tmp drive
hopefully on your machine.

Maybe?

Probably not.  In most cases the shell machine's /tmp wouldn't even be
mounted on the mail server, so there's no way for procmail to write to
it directly.

--
Aaron Schrab     aaron(_at_)schrab(_dot_)com      http://www.execpc.com/~aarons/
 And it should be the law: If you use the word `paradigm' without knowing