Re: Variable checking routine...

1997-12-04 12:53:30
While we have your attention, can you comment on the requirement of
Spam Bouncer to use ksh? I don't see anything Bourne-unfriendly in
there, but I haven't looked very closely at the code, and somebody on
the list stated it would not work with /bin/sh (unless I'm mistaken
and he was talking about csh or tcsh [yech]). This is one of the
recurring questions about Spam Bouncer and a rather serious
restriction to its usefulness -- ksh is by no means as widespread as
some people would like to make believe.

I've been testing the new version with sh on my system, and it appears to
work quite well.  I required ksh earlier because I didn't have access to sh
to test it with.  (I did test csh and tcsh and got all kinds of problems.)
So far, it appears to work properly with bash as well.

A major update to the Spam Bouncer will be posted by Saturday evening,
including new instructions on the WWW page, so take a look Sunday on
<http://www.best.com/ariel/nospam> if you're interested....

--
Catherine Hampton <ariel(_at_)tempest(_dot_)boxmail(_dot_)com>