When is a .forward not a .forward

1997-12-06 11:21:45
John Ahearn writes:
I installed procmail recently, and, for a days, couldn't get it to run.

I finally got it to run -- all the files were correct....except,
I installed it as per MITS instructions, which I believe said to
      cd ~
      ln -s .procmail/forward .forward

Well, apparently that caused the problem. No mail went to procmail.

That's not a problem with procmail. Due to security reasons sendmail
will not deliver mail to files which ar symlinks.

--
Werner Reisberger         public-key available:          voice: +49 234 540294
Schoellmannstr. 20    pgp-public-keys(_at_)keys(_dot_)pgp(_dot_)net