Popclient and Procmail

1997-12-12 01:10:57

Small tidbit I learned:

 After another few days of banging procmail mail around I could not
figure out what the problem was. I finally really looked close at the
log procmail was producing. It turned out that the mail cleint I was using
would completely by-pass my .forward file. I knew my procmail recipe had
to be right after all the reading of old list archives I did.

Its called popclient and its ok but not for procmail it seems. For the
life of me I could not get it to look at my forward.

So at the suggestion of <mikk0022(_at_)maroon(_dot_)tc(_dot_)umn(_dot_)edu> I
grabbed fetchmail
and after a quick make install and another bit over the rc file I had
fetchmail working AND procmail working. My recipe is almost right, just a
bit of tweaking and it will be just as I want it. (for now anyway)

Keith