Help with recipe

1997-12-12 17:16:41
I'm in the process of learning the intricacies of procmail, and have come up
with
an idea for something to try to do, but I can't come up with a solution.  Ack!

Here's what I'm trying to do:

Mail comes to a SmartMail list, and it has `Subject: Foobar quux'.
I want to change the subject so that it reads: `Subject: [Testlist] Foobar quux'
  before shipping it out to the subscribers.
If it already has `[testlist]' or `[Testlist]' or `[TESTLIST]', I don't want to
  make any changes.
If it is a reply, I want to make sure the `[Testlist]' is between Re: and the
  subject.  If not, I want to add it:  `Subject: Re: [Testlist] Foobar quux'.

Any suggestions?  It looks to me like I might have to use some combination of
sed and formail.  I _do_ see how to do it if I pipe it through a perl script,
but I'd just as soon have procmail/formail/sed handle it.

Thanks.
Scott.
--
 _               Scott Blomquist  KI5LT
(_` _  _ -|--|-  mailto:sblomqui(_at_)umr(_dot_)edu