Re: Mail body

1997-12-13 00:13:07
Eric Hilding <eric(_at_)hilding(_dot_)com> writes:
Q:  1. What do the ()'s in the * ()\<etc... line do???

The following condition is a size test:
        * <100

The following condition is a regexp condition looking for a *literal*
'<' followed by "100":
        * \<100

The following condition is a regexp condition that starts with a word
boundary followed by "100":
        * \\<100

That last one is kinda misleading, so many procmail users prefer to use
an empty pair of paren to protect the leading backslash when we want a
leading word boundary.

   2. I assume \< and \> are the word boundaries?

Yes.  Check out the procmailrc(5) manpage.

   3. Why aren't {}'s required for the :0 + !
some(_at_)specific(_dot_)address part???

For what reason do you think they are required?

   4. Is the blank space between the /dev/null and next :0 lines necessary?

I'm tempted to say "yes" just to make you put white space between your
recipes, but it's only there for legibility.  Procmail wouldn't care if
you packed them tight against each other.  If you share your recipes
with others, please include plenty of whitespace and comments.

Philip Guenther