Re: forward path in sendmail.cf file

1997-12-13 19:05:09
"Arun Kumar" <akumar(_at_)fore(_dot_)com> writes:
I am using procmail as my local mail delivery agent and I have the following
defined in my sendmail.cf file:

O ForwardPath=/etc/mail/vacation/.forward.$u:$z/.forward.$w:$z/.forward

But when I have a /etc/mail/vacation/forward.$u file for user $u, the local
mail when gets delivered, does not consult this file at all. Do I need to
specify any specific flag in my sendmail.cf file to this?

First off, the ForwardPath definition you show above has a period after
the slash and before the word "forward", but the filename you give
doesn't.  Is that a typo?

Next, what version of sendmail is this?  If you're running 8.7 or later
with a level 6 or greater config file (the default for 8.7 and up),
then the local mailer should have the 'w' flag, as well as several
other flags.  If it's missing it, then you're probably missing some of
the other flags, and you should consider rebuilding your sendmail.cf
using the m4 config file tools included with sendmail.

Philip Guenther