Re: Big problem (deadlock?)...

1997-12-13 20:49:27
Adriano Nagelschmidt Rodrigues <anr(_at_)ime(_dot_)usp(_dot_)br> writes:
I'm one of several users of procmail at our net. We are having problems wrt
procmail and locking (deadlocking?) since our MTA was changed to qmail.
Mail is being delivered over NFS on a machine running SunOS 4.1.3_U1, the
procmail version is:

procmail v3.11pre7
Locking strategies:     dotlocking, fcntl(), lockf(), flock()

It's my recall that you SunOS 4.x doesn't let you lock a file with all
of those at the same time.  That implies that you overrode the output
of the procmail autoconfiguration with regards to which locking methods
to use.  Don't do that.  Go into the source, do a "make realclean",
then make sure that LOCKINGTEST is *NOT* defined in the Makefile, and
then run "make" and give the resulting binary a try.  About the only
reason you should override the autoconf process is to turn *off*
locking methods that you know don't work; e.g. if you use mailtool then
you have to turn off all kernel locking methods as mailtool is broken.

Philip Guenther