preening messages

1997-12-14 17:54:56

I wonder if anyone may have any suggestion for this problem.

A lot of people who write messages may quote a large amount of preceding
text, and often not all pertinent.  Just talking generally about people
over the Internet.  This happens sometimes, or often.

For people using Unix tools for mail, you deal with mail, and there it
goes.  But if you wish to keep it, after some time comes a limit, and you
have to download anything you want kept.   Because stuff just
accumulates...

In The Pine e-mail program one reads messages with its viewer, Space or -
to page up and down.  However, I should wish to be able to edit a message
right on the screen, the moment I read something I wish to retain, without
any ado.  To edit out the irrelevant quoted text section(s), and save the
rest to an archive, and *very* quickly while in Pine.  I've seen no way,
Pine doesn't seem to let me do this?

Is there any way?  Any help?

I thought since people here like to write so many recipes to have e-mail
reception, yet AVOID a whole lot of e-mail, they'd have some interest in
the same type of problem I present.