Re: 'vacation' program to check for 'reply-to' (Alan?)

1997-12-14 16:16:07
At 03:00 PM 12/14/97 -0500, Timothy J Luoma wrote:

Hey folks, I'm not sure if my vacation message spammed the procmail list,
but it came close.

[snip]

What types of things can I do to make sure this doesn't happen again? Here
is what I am using:

[snip]

# the list of people to never ACK
NOACK=$VACDIR/noack.txt

put subscribed mailing list reply addresses in noack.text, perhaps?

[snip]

* ! ? fgrep -s "$REPLYTO" $NOTIFIED
* ! ? fgrep -s "$REPLYTO" $NOACK

I think you can combine those since fgrep takes multiple file arguments.

* ! ^Subject:.*(Read Receipt|\
      Mottagarkvitto|\
      Empfangsbestaetigung|\
      NeXT_FTP_Report|\
      auto-response|\
      Your Mail to Support|\
      Returned|\
      I am away|\
      ACK)

This will skip some fairly normal subjects such as
"recipe for blackened swordfish."  :-)

Cheers,
Stan