Re: Procmail/formail detection of duplicates not working

1997-12-14 23:48:21
At 08:21 PM, 14 December 1997, david hunt <dh(_at_)west(_dot_)net> wrote:
On Sun, 14 Dec 1997, Alan J. Flavell wrote:

:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail -D 8192 msgid.cache

I think you need to make the second line a condition, not an action. Also
the lockfile your using locks a file named "msgid" not msgid.cache. And
you need full pathnames.

No, that should work.  If the Message-ID is already in the cache,
formail returns success, and procmail considers the message to be
delivered (thus eliminating the duplicate).  Otherwise, formail returns
an error, and the W flag on the recipe causes procmail to continue on
with later recipes.

--
Aaron Schrab     aaron(_at_)schrab(_dot_)com      http://www.execpc.com/~aarons/
 No, I'm not going to explain it.  If you can't figure it out, you didn't