Need archive pointer

1997-12-15 11:10:07
Some months ago, there was a *long* discussion on who to
clean-up subject lines with a multitude of "Re:"s and response
numbers like so:

    Subject: Re: Re:[3] The subject here

Of course I didn't save any of it and I can't find it in the
archives (just what search terms would *you* use to find it?).

I've started maintaining a web-archive of a mailing list I read
and the recursive Re:s and response numbers *really* fouls up
my thread index.

I'd appreciate it very much if someone (hopefully the person who
started the thread) could let me know what the Subject line of
the original post was so I could scan the archives again armed
with better search terms.

Failing that, if someone could e-mail me the final resolution
of that thread, I'd *really* appreciate it!

adTHANKSvance,

Simeon