formail but WITHOUT updating unseen sequences?

1997-12-15 11:27:56
Hi,

I am subscribed to a high volume mailing list that sends
me between 50 and 150 messages a day.

This puts a big load on me and also my system, so I have
subscribed to the digest version of the list.

My current procmail rule looks like this:

# Filtering for the HVML  Digests
:0: HVMLIn/.lock
* ^From:(_dot_)*HVML(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)net
| formail +1 -I "Reply-to: HVML(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)net" \
          -ds /usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +HVMLIn

(note that formail splits the digest and rcvstore puts the
messages into MH style folders and updates the unseen
sequences.)

What I am looking for, is a method to do the above but
WITHOUT updating the unseen sequences ... i.e. I want formail
to simply add the individual messages straight into the
IxionIn folder with no further fuss.

The advantages of the ideal solution would be:
- I won't get distracted with exmh telling me there are 100 new
  messages for me and be tempted to read them all in one go ;-)
- formail won't be calling rcvstore 150 times every day!

Thanks,
jay