Procmail/Zmail and uuencoded files

1997-12-16 05:59:22

Hello everybody,

probably, this is a FAQ - but I couldn't find any hints about it.

I am using ZMail with Sun Unix (SunOS and Solaris 2) and Procmail
(sure :-) ).
When I get any uuencodes attachments, ZMail isn't aware of it as
an attachment and I have to do it (unpacking the attachment) "by hand".
Now, I have thought - why not giving procmail the job to change the
encoded part from uuencode to mime and present the mail to zmail with a
real attachment? But I couldn't find a way to do this.
I have found a script to change "Sun"attachments to mime -
but nothing from uuencode to mime.

Did anybody do this job before? I am looking for a program or
tool or a set of rules, that I will have any uuencoded attachments
(in zmail with procmail as filter) as mimencoded attachment?
Not the complete mail - just the attachments.

Thanks in advance for any help or hint, where I can find a solution.

Kind regards,
Volker