Re: Enough is Enough (Just filter out Bcc's

1997-12-17 17:21:11
Andrew Kelley wrote:
Actually, I have more problems with many followups to spam on the list
than the spam itself. Why not just junk anything bcc'ed to the Procmail
list?

I guess I feel like the list maintainer should be taking steps to eliminate
spam before it even gets to the recipient.  Reasons:

First, in terms of efficiency, it's much better to make one change to the
list than for every member of the list to update their procmail.

Second, in terms of bandwidth, it's more efficient to stop spam at the
closest point to the source, namely the list.

Finally, it's just good form.  If I were running a list, I sure wouldn't
want to be a spam hub.  The solution is easy enough to implement, and there
are certainly enough volunteers.

Anyway, I'm done ranting.  I'll probably wind up forwarding bcc's from this
list to /dev/null too, but I don't have to like it. ;-)

  Email sent to me will be bounced unread unless the word "urza" is in
    the subject line; Disregard if you're on my "correspondent" list.
 Spamb0ts please use root(_at_)irs(_dot_)ustreas(_dot_)gov
support(_at_)msn(_dot_)com root(_at_)localhost
 Fight spam: http://spam.abuse.net B0t Ba1t: http://www.rafferty.org/yum