Scoring and $=

1997-12-18 16:12:24
I've spent the last 3 weeks learning how sendmail and procmail work, and how
they work together.

I have sendmail calling procmail as a spam filter in ruleset 0.

The procmail recipes are working exactly as expected, with the exception of
the "$=" variable.

If I do something like:
   :0
   * -50^0
   * 1^1 condition1
   * 1^2 condition2
     {
     LOG="SPAM Score: $="
     :0: spamcheck
     spamfolder
     }

Everything goes as expected, if the recipe matches, the score is greater than
0, the score is logged (properly), and the mail is sent to the spamfolder.

Following that recipe, though, I have:
   LOG="Mail sent.  SPAM score was: $="

No matter what the score is, I always get: SPAM score was: 0
With VERBOSE=on, the log shows scores between -50 and 0.

It looks like $= is getting set back to 0 outside of the recipe.
The manpage, though, seems to at least imply that it will keep it's value
until the next recipe.

Am I missing something obvious, or.... ?

Thanks.