Re: forcing procmail use MBX format (fwd)

1997-12-19 05:53:52

My procmail's mailbox (the one returned by "procmail -v") is in:

        /usr/mail/$LOGNAME

But I don't use it since I have my mailbox in MBX format, as a ~/INBOX
file.

The problem is that since I invoke procmail from my .forward file, I don't
use it as a delivery agent. It only filters incoming mails, so in
procmail.rc file I invoke "| tmail -d username+folder" when mail is to be
delivered to a folder in MBX format, such as my ~/INBOX.

When procmail delivers mail, now it delivers it in unixproto format
when there is only a folder typed in procmail.rc file.
I would like it to append my INBOX mailbox in MBX format, without
explicitly invoking tmail in procmail.rc.

Do you think that when I redefine the variables MAILSPOOLDIR,
MAILSPOOLHASH, or MAILSPOOLHOME and recompile procmail with my mailbox set
to $HOME/INBOX, procmail will deliver mails in MBX format instead of
unixproto by default ?

Robert Zelazo