Word boundary matching ?

1997-12-29 07:40:21
I am trying to come up with a procmail recipe that among other things
should have the condition 'body does not contain a particular word'.

Here is what I tried:

:0:
[other conditions snipped]
* !B ?? \<word\>
[other conditions snipped]

Apparently the \<word\> does not seem to work. I remember reading that
Procmail treats \< and \> differently from other regexp engines (zero-width
point of transition).

How do I get the regular meaning of \< and \> i.e. if I want to match the
word as a word and not simply the string of consecutive letters w-o-r-d.
Note that the word can appear anywhere in the mail.. the start of any line,
end of any line, by itself, etc. I just want to check for the existence of
that word in the mail.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Vikas