Re: empty message id

1998-01-12 20:52:23
I have recived some messages with an empty message-id.   Those messages
were all junk email, so can I use the empty message-id as a filter for junk
email?

Usually they'll match, so yes.  There was discussion about this on
one of the mailing lists -- procmail or spamtools.  Anyhow, the
rule that I use to check the Message-Id header is:

#Incorrect or failed Message-Ids:
:0:
/scratch/spam

This essentially checks for RFC 822 compliance.  I've had 95% success
with this -- I received one valid message that had a totally weird header,
so it was counted as spam.

Chris