Re: Deferred delivery to a pager

1998-01-14 00:20:38
Mike de Laine asked,

| I recall recently reading (on a FAQ, I think) a method of having
| procmail forward a message to a pager, if the current time was in
| between two limits. I've searched most of the FAQs, without success;
| does anybody recall  which FAQ or where it may be?

That sounds like something I answered.

The basic idea is to compare the timestamp in the From_ line of the incoming
message to a regexp for the set of days of the week and times of the day when
the recipe's action line should be executed (or against a regexp for days and
times when it should not be executed, whichever results in the less compli-
cated regexp).  I do similar things for a number of recipes, and they duly
turn on and off as coded without my having to run date(1) nor swap rcfiles
in and out.

Mike's subject line, which I've kept, mentions "deferred delivery," though.
I'm not sure how deferral fits in, because he said nothing about it in the
body of his post.