Re: Deferred delivery to a pager

1998-01-14 10:04:47
David W. Tamkin wrote:

Mike de Laine asked,

| I recall recently reading (on a FAQ, I think) a method of having
| procmail forward a message to a pager, if the current time was in
| between two limits. I've searched most of the FAQs, without success;
| does anybody recall  which FAQ or where it may be?

That sounds like something I answered.

Mike's subject line, which I've kept, mentions "deferred delivery," though.
I'm not sure how deferral fits in, because he said nothing about it in the
body of his post.

Apologies;  I should have been more clear about that. What I want to achieve is
send the message onto the pager if the hours are "normal" otherwise, defer
delivery to the pager until the hours become normal.

The best method I've seen so far was to copy the message to a temporary area and
mail that to the pager or defer the mailing via at, if the timeframe is
inappropriate.

Cheers

    Mike

--
 Mike de Laine        Technical Support, Innosoft International, Inc.

        "Each success only buys an admission ticket
        to a more difficult problem" - HAK