Re: junk email header

1998-01-16 09:58:39
Oops, a couple of small corrections. Sorry.

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998 16:59:52 +0200 (EET), I wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jan 98 07:36:15 CST, dwhawk(_at_)southwind(_dot_)net (Don
Hawkinson)
wrote:
Is there anything in the following header that would identify it as
junk email?
The Message-Id doesn't contain a valid host name. Legitimate software
does this, too, but it's another thing to look out for.

("Legitimate" as in "not necessarily useful +only+ for spamming" ...)

    :0
    * ^\/(From|Message-Id|Date):.*$Received:
    * MATCH ?? ^^\/[^:]*:
!>     * -1^0
!>     * $ $SPAM^0
    { REJECT="$REJECT${REJECT:+$NL}${REJ}Received: after $MATCH" }

And you can take out the scoring conditions here -- I've been rejecting
only messages which also get a score from either my Subject: line
checker or the bad domain name checker, but it's hardly worth it in
this particular case -- I've never seen a false match on this one
(famous last words).

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>