Re: access & modification times of mail folders

1998-01-18 09:18:25
On Sun, 18 Jan 1998 01:40:47 -0500, "Dmitry Yaitskov"
<dima(_at_)interlog(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Saturday, Jan 17, David W. Tamkin (dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com) spake
thusly:
Besides, your current setup needs an `i' flag on the recipes that call
touch, or procmail will scream bloody murder about write errors.
Why? And BTW, it does not, I mean there are no write errors (that's
what the `i' flag suppresses, right?) reported in my procmail's log
file, as far as I can see. Why should touch cause them?

The problem is that touch doesn't read the input piped to it, which
will cause a write error for Procmail as it writes to the pipe. The
error will be noticed only when the message piped to touch is bigger
than one buffer, though.
  Please see the FAQ at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/mini-faq.html>

Hope this helps,

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>