access & modification times of mail folders

1998-01-14 23:11:08
Hi,

I am using procmail to deliver my mail into nmh folders, and mutt to
read mail. All works fine, except for the following: when mutt shows a
list of folders, it determines which folders have new messages by
comparing access times and modification times of files in the
folder. If I use a simple procmail recipe like:

:0:
* ^TOwhatever
| rcvstore +folder

this stores messages, but mutt does not see that this folder has new
messages when it shows the list of folders (it does show new messages
when it gets into the folder but that's another story).

I have come up with the following recipe that works:

:0:
* ^TOwhatever
{
   :0 c
   folder/.

   :0
   | touch -m ~/Mail/$LASTFOLDER
}

which does what I want.... but looks kinda ugly, especially
considering that I have to repeat all this for each folder that gets
new mail. Is there a better way to do what I want? Thanks.

--
Cheers,
 -Dima.

The optimum committee has no members.