Procmail gateway stuff

1998-01-19 09:34:45
Hi

I have looked through the archives and can not get this stuff to work.

My internet provider at home only provides e-mail and to be able to get
some information from some webpages I have tried to make a small script
that gets a page, translates it into a mail and sends it back to me.

I look for a keyword in the subject line, and then look for lines with http
in them, sends them to lynx and returns the result to the sender. It does
though not work.

#Directory for storing procmail log and rc files

PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail

LOGFILE =$PMDIR/log

#Set on when debugging

VERBOSE=on

LOGABSTRACT=all

:0 Hi

* ^Subject: my_secret_header

* !^X-Loop:(_dot_)*93ph(_at_)mail(_dot_)ryp(_dot_)umu(_dot_)se

{

        :0 f

        | formail -brt -A "X-Loop: 93ph(_at_)mail(_dot_)ryp(_dot_)umu(_dot_)se"
-I"Subject: Your
HTML request"#

        :0 iW

        | (grep html | xargs --replace=ADDR lynx -dump ADDR ) | $SENDMAIL
-oi -t
}

The log becomes:

ryp76:~/.procmail$ more log

procmail: [25968] Mon Jan 19 17:08:28 1998

procmail: Assigning "LOGABSTRACT=all"

procmail: Match on "^Subject: my_secret_header"

procmail: Match on !
"^X-Loop:(_dot_)*93ph(_at_)mail(_dot_)ryp(_dot_)umu(_dot_)se"

procmail: Executing "formail,-brt,-A,X-Loop:
93ph(_at_)mail(_dot_)ryp(_dot_)umu(_dot_)se,-ISubject: Your HTML request#"

procmail: Executing " (grep html | xargs --replace=ADDR lynx -dump ADDR ) |
$SENDMAIL -oi -t"
procmail: [25968] Mon Jan 19 17:08:30 1998

procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER= (grep html | xargs --replace=ADDR lynx
-dump ADDR ) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t"
  Folder:  (grep html | xargs --replace=ADDR lynx -dump ADDR ) | $SENDM
213
procmail: Notified comsat: "93ph@: (grep html | xargs --replace=ADDR lynx
-dump ADDR ) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t"

Nothing happens though, something with the last lines looks abit strange to
me.

Anyone who have any advice on this??

Thankful for all comments.

Regards Petrus