Re: "Out of memory as I tried to allocate 8392749 bytes" ?

1998-01-19 13:06:26
YES!
I have noticed similar messages whenever a large email comes in.
Such as right now i have a 9 meg file in the mailq.
BUT swapinfo tells me i have 190meg of swap space available.
I feel it unlikely that procmail would run out of that much swapspace.
--dale welch
'Net Works
208-263-5082

-----Original Message-----
From: D R Hilton <drh-0(_at_)pineknot(_dot_)com>
To: procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de
<procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de>
Date: Monday, January 19, 1998 9:18 AM
Subject: "Out of memory as I tried to allocate 8392749 bytes" ?

I just noticed that there were over 20 of these entries in maillog over a
three hour period.  That's almost one for each incoming e-mail on this
small system.

I'm running BSDI 3.1 on a PPro 200 with 128 MB RAM and have set up
system-wide procmail spam filtering (which appears to be working).

Any ideas about what is happening?

TIA
- drh